Wong Wai Kit began playing the Zhongruan at the age of 6. At the age of 13, he was under the tutelage of Ding Xiao Yan and Fu Yingying and currently under the tutelage of Han Ying, Ruan musician in the Singapore Chinese Orchestra. Wai Kit has also received tutelage from renown Ruan Musician Feng Man Tian and also renown musician and composer, Lin Ji Liang. In 2012, Wai Kit got his first national award at the National Chinese Music Competition held by NAC, he was awarded second in the Youth Zhongruan Category. And in 2016, he competed in the National Chinese Music Competition again, this time in the open category. Wai Kit was awarded first place in the Open Zhongruan Category. In 2017, he then competed in the Nanyang International Chinese Music Competition in the youth high school open category and was awarded second with no first place awarded. Along with all the solo competitions, Wai Kit has taken part in ensemble competitions also, namely with Toa Payoh West Community Center Chinese Orchestra and NAFA Chinese Chamber. Wai Kit is currently a student in the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
- 2012 – NCMC RUAN YOUTH and esnsemble category second place
- 2013 Dec – Graduated Nanyang Junior College
- 2014-15, National Service
- 2016 enrolled in to Nanyang Academy of fine arts
- 2016 – NCMC RUAN open category first place
- 2016 – NCMC ensemble category with NAFA CHINESE CHAMBER, third place
- 2017 – Nanyang international music competition, high school open category, Second place.
- 2018 – SCO freelancer Ruan Musician