COVID-19 Measures and Updates
**Latest Update from Ministry of Education: all lessons that involve persons under the age of 21, and persons who are in pre-university will not be able to come for lessons. This will take effect on Thursday 26/3/2020 2359 to 30/4/2020. All persons above the age of 21, and persons who are in university and beyond will be allowed to come for lessons.**
Eight Tones Management would like to exercise all our students and teachers to take greater caution to ensure the health and well-being. The measures that will be taken by our school include the following:
- Mandatory temperature screening for all students, teachers and visitors before entering the premises.
- To keep at least one meter social distance between teacher and student during lessons.
- All students, teachers and visitors are to wash their hands in our toilet, or use the hand sanitizers provided at the registration counter.
- All students, teachers and visitors, are to fill up a travel declaration form upon entering the premises. And also, to inform us if you have travelled overseas at least 24 hours before any scheduled lesson.
- Any student, teacher or visitor with a temperature of 37.7 degrees will not be allowed to enter the premises of Eight Tones Music.
- Any student, teacher or visitor who are ill or show any symptoms of being ill at the discretion of our staff, will be advised to see a doctor immediately and will not be allowed to enter the premises of Eight Tones Music.
- Only 1 accompanying person will be allowed to accompany children below the age 16.In view of social distancing, persons accompanying students are to wait outside of the school’s premise. Only students will be allowed to access the studios.
- In line with the Ministry of Health, all students and teachers returning from ALL COUNTRIES back to Singapore will have to take a compulsory leave of absence of 14 calendar days. The leave of absence will last for 14 days, starting from the day after their arrival in Singapore. This duration mirrors the incubation period of the coronavirus.
- This compulsory leave of absence will be applied to all those who return from Overseas
- All of the Eight Tones Staff and Teacher has already declared that have been not been overseas in the past 14 days.
- The premises of Eight Tones Music will be cleaned daily, and sprayed down with 75% alcohol disinfectant so as to keep the premises safe and healthy.
- Cover his/her mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing, and to throw away the tissue immediately into the bin.
- Wash hands frequently with soap, especially before eating or handling food, after toilet visits, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing and sneezing.
- Not to share food/drinks, eating utensils, toothbrushes or towels with others.
- Monitor your health closely. Look for symptoms such as fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath)
- If you are sick, please see a doctor immediately.
- Stay at home and rest till you are fully recovered, return for classes only when you are fully recovered.
- In line with the Ministry of Education (MOE), as announced on Monday (Jan 27), all students and teachers returning from China to Singapore will have to take a compulsory leave of absence.
- This compulsory leave of absence will be applied to those who return from mainland China on Jan 15 or later.
- The leave of absence will last for 14 days, starting from the day after their arrival in Singapore. This duration mirrors the incubation period of the coronavirus.
- All will be asked to monitor their health closely for 2 weeks upon the return to Singapore.